Experience, costs, design for manufacture and quality come together with magnetic modeling and solid modeling to produce cost effective robust designs for your application.
3-D models and drawings can be provided in various file formats for customer design approval prior to starting the construction of the units.
Some general design options available are:
- cooling - natural convection, forced air and high altitude service
- duty cycled loads - units can be designed for use with a known varying load or intermittent duty
- voltage compensation - As standard practice, transformers are designed to provide the desired output voltage at no load. Regulation then causes the voltage to drop off as the load is increased. When transformers only operate at full load, the turns ratio can be adjusted to provide the desired voltage at full load rather than at no load. This also provides some cost reduction since a higher % regulation can then be tolerated.
- low inrush - more applicable to smaller units or units with very low taps
- low noise - special core materials, vibration mounts and techniques are available for very low noise applications
- optimization - of weight, cost, size or other parameters is available
- high impedance current limiting - transformers and reactors can be integrated for cost reduction or current limiting applications